So the other day I surprised them with my own homemade version of a Pumpkin Muffin and there were THRILLED. Though these are a bit smaller than the portion size at Dunkin' Donuts, they were very filling and one was plenty...and it satisfied a few chocolate cravings as well. For those of you keeping track of the nutritional analysis, here is the breakdown between the two muffins*:
CEK 223; DD 600
CEK 9.8g; DD 26g.
CEK 33.1g; DD 83g.
CEK 2.2g; DD 3g.
CEK 18.7g; DD 44g
CEK 2.4g; 7g.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 18 muffins
Cook Time: 15 minutes Serving Size: 1 muffin
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 c. Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp. 2% Milk
- 15oz. Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cooking Spray, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, oil, milk and pumpkin until well blended.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the flour baking soda and salt. Add it to the liquid mixture and mix together with a spoon; then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line (or grease) a standard size muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill each cup three-quarters of the way to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the top springs back when touched. Remove from oven and let cool.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Calories 223, Carbs 33.1g, Fat 9.8g, Protein 2.4g, Fiber 2.2g, Sugar 18.7g
*Nutritional information for Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Muffin provided by LiveStrong.comhttp://www.livestrong.com/article/440802-dunkin-donuts-nutritional-facts-for-pumpkin-muffins/
Shared at Carole's Chatter 11/24/13