Stay Connected

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

As I mentioned last week, I love pumpkin and this cooler weather makes me crave it even more. I have a really bad tea drinking problem. Well, not necessarily a problem per se, but I do drink it ALL...DAY...LONG whether it's tea with skim milk or just a plain Green Tea. It helps keep me going throughout the day. One of my frequent stops is a local Dunkin' Donuts drive through to get my daily fix when I'm on the road. Lately, if I have the kids in the car, they want the sweet stuff. Most of the time, its a "NO", but every once in a while I give in and their favorite choices are either Pumpkin Munchkins or a Pumpkin Muffin.

So the other day I surprised them with my own homemade version of a Pumpkin Muffin and there were THRILLED. Though these are a bit smaller than the portion size at Dunkin' Donuts, they were very filling and one was plenty...and it satisfied a few chocolate cravings as well. For those of you keeping track of the nutritional analysis, here is the breakdown between the two muffins*:

CEK 223; DD 600
CEK 9.8g; DD 26g. 
CEK 33.1g; DD 83g. 
CEK 2.2g; DD 3g. 
CEK 18.7g; DD 44g
CEK 2.4g; 7g. 

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes              Yield: 18 muffins
Cook Time: 15 minutes             Serving Size: 1 muffin
Total Time: 30 minutes
  • 1 c. Granulated Sugar
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1/2 c. Canola Oil
  • 2 tbsp. 2% Milk
  • 15oz. Pureed Pumpkin
  • 2 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1 c. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • Cooking Spray, if needed
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. In large bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, oil, milk and pumpkin until well blended. 
  3. In a separate smaller bowl, combine the flour baking soda and salt. Add it to the liquid mixture and mix together with a spoon; then fold in the chocolate chips. 
  4. Line (or grease) a standard size muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill each cup three-quarters of the way to the top. 
  5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the top springs back when touched. Remove from oven and let cool. 

Nutrition Facts per Serving
Calories 223, Carbs 33.1g, Fat 9.8g, Protein 2.4g, Fiber 2.2g, Sugar 18.7g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 

*Nutritional information for Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Muffin provided by LiveStrong.com

Shared at Carole's Chatter 11/24/13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.