Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin & Brie Mini Quiche


It's only 29 days until my favorite holiday...Thanksgiving! I know. It's not even Halloween yet, but if you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a huge planner. I love Thanksgiving. The smell of turkey roasting in the oven. The parade Thanksgiving morning. The pumpkin...usually my only excuse to eat pumpkin pie during the year since no one really likes it except for my oldest daughter and I!


I really like to try new things for holidays; however, my extended family crave the old favorites. So though I may make one or two new things for them to try this year, I decided that my daily "guinea pigs" (a.k.a. my hubby, kids and some close friends) will get to try my new experiments a little early this year. That way, YOU all get some new recipes to make for your dinner table and I get to enjoy my Thanksgiving without having to photograph anything new the day of so I can devote my energy towards my guests.

Over the next two weeks, I'll be posting some great new additions you can make for your family this Thanksgiving and to start you off, I made these Pumpkin & Brie Mini Quiche. These were fantastic and would make a wonderful appetizer. If you want to prepare these ahead of time, bake them the day or night before, allow them to cool, and refrigerate them; then place them on a baking sheet and heat them in a 350 degree oven the next day for about 5-10 minutes right before you're ready to serve them.

Pumpkin & Brie Mini Quiche
Prep Time: 10 minutes    Cook Time: 20-25 minutes      Yields: 24
Ingredients
  • 1 Pie Crust (I used Pillsbury)
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 3/4 c. Heavy Cream
  • 1/4 c. Pumpkin Puree
  • 2 tsp. Fresh Sage, chopped
  • 1 tbsp. Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
  • 2 oz. Brie, white rind removed and cut into 24 small cubes
  • Cooking Spray
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Gently roll out the dough so that it's uniform in thickness; then cut out small circles using a shot glass or small mouthed glass (you want to make sure it fits in a mini muffin tin). You may need to do this several times. 
  3. Spray a nonstick mini muffin tin with cooking spray and place each circle in each section of a and press down along the bottom and sides. (I use my mini tart shaper from Pampered Chef). Place the pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes until the dough starts to cook and harden. Remove from the oven and set aside. 
  4. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, pumpkin, sage and Pecorino Romano Cheese. 
  5. Add a small piece of Brie to each shell in the mini muffin tin; then add the egg mixture on top until it reaches the top of each muffin tin. (I found it easier to add the egg mixture to a measuring cup and pour it in that way).
  6. Place the muffin tin back in the oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until the egg mixture puffs up and is lightly brown. Remove from oven and serve while hot. 
Enjoy!


Nutrition Facts 
Calories 61, Carbs 4.3g, Fat 4.5g, Protein 1.4g, Fiber .1g, Sugar .1g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 


2 comments:

  1. Carrie,
    You are brilliant--I never thought to use a shot glass and my tart shaper stick (now that the kids no longer use it as a wand or club). I want to stuff those little gems with beets, though, because beets are on my brain and in my crisper. I can imagine that the pumpkin and brie make a lovely combination.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh beets would be fabulous in this dish as well Kirsten

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis