I just love the contrasting colors when combined with carrots and this Butter Roasted Carrots & Parsnips with Oregano version was delightful. By roasting the vegetables in butter, it gave them a sweet, nutty flavor as well. These would make a lovely presentation this year on your Thanksgiving table.
Butter Roasted Carrots & Parsnips with Oregano
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 5 Large Carrots, peeled
- 5 Large Parsnips, peeled
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Butter, melted
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the carrots and parsnips diagonally 1/2" thick and place them in a bowl.
- Add the butter, oregano and season with salt and pepper as desired. Mix well to coat the vegetables.
- Add the vegetables to a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes; turning halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Calories 207, Carbs 42.9g, Fat 3.7g, Protein 3.5g, Fiber 9.7g, Sugar 13.9g