I blanch the beans first, which means to briefly submerge them in boiling water, then plunge into ice-cold water to halt the cooking process, so that they remain a little “crispy” as my daughter likes to call it. The sweetness of the cranberries and balsamic vinegar mixed with the pistachios and sharpness of the feta cheese make this a mouthwatering salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 3 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb. Haricot Vert Beans
- 2 oz. Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 c. Dried Cranberries, like Craisins®
- 1/4 c. Pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 c. Canola Oil
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Fill a pot with water, bring to a boil then submerge the beans for about 2-3 minutes until they are slightly tender but firm.
- Remove the beans, run under cold water and add to a bowl to cool completely.
- Add the cheese, cranberries, pistachios, vinegar, and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Enter for your chance to win a copy of Carrie's Experimental Kitchen cookbook using the Rafflecopter link below. Five (5) lucky winners will be selected and notified on Monday, November 25, 2013. Please read all terms and conditions as this contest is only valid in the Continental U.S.