Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Balsamic Risotto with Grilled Chicken, Fresh Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes

Just the mention of the words "losing weight" sets me off in a carb frenzy. I can't get enough. It's like the last hurrah or something. Like I'm never going to eat carbs again...EVER! Well, after reading Lauren's blog last week about the 3-5 day Jump Start, what do you think I did? Made this risotto for dinner of course! I know it was only going to be a week of no carbs and logically I know it's all psychological, but my body was telling me I had to have them nonetheless. Besides, I hadn't made a good risotto since January...that's almost 4 WHOLE MONTHS! This was delicious and since I added some meat and veggies to it as well, it was the perfect all-in-one meal, especially since my family was on different eating schedules this particular day. It heats up wonderfully!


Speaking of the Jump Start, it's Day 3 if you started on Monday. Do you feel a difference yet? Let me know how it's going! xo


Balsamic Risotto with Grilled Chicken, Fresh Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes
2 c. Arborio Rice
1 tbsp. Butter
1/4 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
Zest of 1 Lemon
4 c. Fresh Baby Spinach, rinsed and stems removed
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar
6 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1-6oz. Boneless Chicken Breast, grilled


In a large, non-stick saute pan, melt butter and add rice. Saute for about 3 minutes until the rice starts to lightly brown, then add in tomatoes, garlic, lemon zest and spinach. Stir for about 2-3 minutes until the spinach starts to wilt then add in the vinegar until it has absorbed into the rice. Reduce heat to low and add one cup of chicken broth at a time, allowing the liquid to evaporate after each addition. Add in the cooked, grilled chicken, salt and pepper when the last cup of liquid has been added. Makes 8 - 1 cup servings.  


Nutritional Information per 1 Cup Risotto: Calories 187, Carbs 22g, Fat 5g, Protein 14g


Don't I wish! =)


Enjoy!


PS. You still have until 9pm EST today to enter the Chinet Bakeware Giveaway! 




Shared at Amee's Savory Dish Fit and Fabulous Friday's 5/4/12

11 comments:

  1. loving this recipe and will definitely put it on my hit list...congrats on the 2000 on FB amazing and you deserve it.

    lots of love
    Beverley @somethingaboutcupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight recipes always caught my attention. 3-5 days Jump Start is interesting. I am considering to try this. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't bad at all, you'll do great Raquel!

      Delete
  3. This recipe looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of risotto and with the grilled chicken, this is such a nicely balanced meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like my perfect meal!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carbs or no carbs. This looks great. I'm a huge balsamic lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, it adds a great flavor to just about anything!

      Delete
  6. Carrie, what a beautiful dish! I love the balsamic flavor with the spinach and risotto. Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis