Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chef Contest-Mayo Soy Chicken (Hidemi Walsh)

Welcome to the first every CEK's 2012 Home Grown Chef Contest! 

A few months ago, I challenged my readers to submit their favorite recipes and what a great response I had!  It is up to each recipe contributor to engage their friends/family/etc to view their recipe on this blog post and the 5 most popular recipes (determined by the number of page views it receives) will be added to a poll for everyone to vote on.  (For complete rules of the contest click HERE.) Good luck!

Recipe Contributor: 
Hidemi Walsh from Plainfield, IN

Bio: 
I am Japanese and moved to IN 3 years ago from Tokyo to marry my husband. I used to live in San Francisco as well (almost 10 years ago) so this is not my first time to live in the US but I find lots of new, exciting and interesting things. Food is one of things and I have been learing American traditional dishes which is very fun. I started to cook when I was in mid 20s because I wanted to lose weight. I was overweight and tried lots of METHODS to lose weight. I found out that what you eat is the best way not only to lose weight but also to stay healthy. I stopped to eat out, buy food from stores. Now I cook healthy yet delicious (try) food for my husband and myself every day. This is my favorite recipe because it is very easy to make and with a few ingredient make great dessert. 

Mayo Soy Chicken
4 Chicken Thighs
4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
6 tablespoons Flour
3 tablespoons Corn Starch
Canola Oil for deep-fry

Directions:
1. Cut chicken thighs into bite size.
2. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, black pepper and soy sauce. Mix well. Put chicken thighs and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. In another bowl, combine flour and corn starch. Mix well.
4. In a frying pan, heat canola oil. Coat marinated chicken breasts with flour and corn starch mixture. Deep fry chickens until golden and crispy.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis