Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chick Pea Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Sun Dried Tomatoes

There was a time when I refused to eat any beans at all. But as I got older, and wanted to add some variety into our diets, I slowly started to introduce them into our meals. I guess they're right when they say your taste buds change every so many years because now, I LOVE them! If eaten alone, yes, they can taste a little bland, but add some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors like artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and fresh lemon juice and you have a zesty, new salad that can be eaten alone or served as a side  dish. This salad was delicious and very filling. I ate it for lunch for several days and the longer it sat, the more lemony it became. 


Chick Pea Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Sun Dried Tomatoes
1-15oz. Can Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans), rinsed
3 Whole Artichoke Hearts, chopped
10 Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon, zest and juice
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 5-1/2 cup servings. 


*Nutritional Information: Calories 122, Carbs 19g, Fat 4g, Protein 5g

Enjoy!

*Calculations based on ingredients entered into MyFitnessPal and may not be 100% accurate.





8 comments:

  1. This is a great springtime salad, Carrie! I love beans in salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun dried tomatoes are an added bonus for this recipe. Thanks for the caloric info too. Definitely will be trying it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Mmmmmm, Carrie, I love this dish! Chick peas are so healthy and I LOVE artichokes!! Thank you for sharing on Fit and Fabulous Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis