Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chicken, Zucchini & Portobello Mushrooms in a Chianti Red Wine Sauce

I know. Not one of my better pictures, but when I placed the chicken on the plate, it got lost and looked like a pile of sauce. This one, you can at least see that there is meat in there. Anyway, it was extremely tasty and we loved it. You could also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours if you don't have a Dutch oven, but I prefer this method better. 


Chicken, Zucchini & Portobello Mushrooms in a Chianti Red Wine Sauce
1 Whole Chicken, cut up and skin removed
2 tbsp. Canola Oil
1/2 c. Chianti (or other dry red wine)
1-28oz. Can Hunts Crushed Tomatoes
2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Zucchini, skin on and sliced
10oz. Portobello Mushrooms, rinsed and halved


Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot and add chicken (you will probably have to do this in two batches). Allow to brown on all sides, then remove and set aside. Add in the basil, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms and wine and let simmer for about 2 minutes, then add in the tomatoes and the chicken. Cover and bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occassionally. Serves 6. 


Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Yum, Yum, Yum!!!! I love chicken with mushrooms it always tastes amazing! This looks delicious and I love the blue color of your pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I don't know how I ever cooked without this pot. I love it!

      Delete
  2. Nice braise! I have a similar recipe I've been meaning to try but I've been waiting for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DB, it's been so rainy and cold here it was the perfect comfort food meal. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks fabulous Carrie! Do you serve it over pasta? Nettie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nettie! I would serve it over egg noodles or rice. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks great! What would you suggesst as a replacement for the tomatoes? I am intolerant to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri but for this recipe you would have to use the tomatoes as that is the base for the entire dish. Stay tuned next week though because I just made some Chicken Balsamico using chicken thighs and there are no tomatoes in that dish.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, it's a wonderful dish to make especially now when the weather is cooler. Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. How Delicious! I made this for my family and is was really good. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it, thanks for stopping by to let me know! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis