Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Grape Tomato Vinaigrette

There is a local, family owned restaurant by my home called Sonny's On The Lake, that we love to go to. It's close for one, only about 10 minutes away. The food is always good and I usually order off of their daily special menu. The service is impeccable and Sonny himself always picks out the best wines for us to try and we haven't been disappointed yet. Not to mention he lets Gab help him make Bananas Foster after every meal. :) 


They serve a salad before every meal with this amazing dressing, so when we stopped there recently, I finally asked him what was in it. He told me tomatoes, basil, and cheese so I figured I'd give it a try at home. Though it didn't taste exactly like his, I think his must have some sugar in it because it's a little sweet, this one came close. I'll have to ask him again next time! 


Grape Tomato Vinaigrette
1 c. Grape Tomatoes, rinsed
1 Clove Garlic
2 tsp. Fresh Basil
1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp. White Vinegar
3 tbsp. Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste


Add all ingredients to a mini food chopper or blender and pulse until the mixture is smooth. Makes 1 cup. 


Enjoy! 


Shared on Amee's Savory Dish 6/15/12

14 comments:

  1. I have a plethora of cherry tomatoes right now so I think I might have to adapt this recipe for my cherry tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dressing sounds amazing, Carrie! I bet it would be delicious to dip bread in as well! I'm going to pin this to try later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why this would be delicious. They're preactically the ingredients for a caprese salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing. Perfect for all the cherry tomatoes that will be coming from our garden, soon! I have a little something for you on EMM http://everydaymomsmeals.blogspot.com/2012/06/blogger-inspiration-another-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow just found your blog today I am your newest follower and am VERY excited to see what you come up with next! Great photos and recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashlee and Welcome, I'm glad you're here. :)

      Delete
  7. Carrie, this sounds fabulous! Love everything tomatoey!! Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! I am always looking for dips for my kids. I will definately have to try this! Found you on Fit and Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Katie, I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  9. Carrie, this dressing sounds amazing! I have some grape tomatoes ripening in my garden and lots of fresh basil. I will try this one for sure! Thanks for sharing on Fit and Fab. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis