Pages

Stay Connected

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Guest Post-Broccoli Salad from Everyday Mom's Meals

Good morning everyone! I'll be away for a few weeks on vacation and won't be able to create any new recipes, but DON'T WORRY! I've enlisted the help of some of my FABULOUS foodie friends to hold down the fort while I'm gone. Check back here each day for a new recipe.  I'm so grateful to all of them for helping me out and they've really outdone themselves! <3


Today, I'm THRILLED to have Krista from Everyday Mom's Meals here with us. Take it away Krista! 
  
Hello CEK fans!! I'm so happy to be here today helping out my dear foodie friend, Carrie. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Krista and I'm the everyday mom in Everyday Mom's Meals. I am a stay at home to my 7 1/2 year old son, and wife to my husband of 9 years. I started my blog in May 2010, and now 2 years later I couldn't imagine my life without it. I adore my foodie family and love sharing home style, family oriented recipes that bring those I love around the table. Please come visit me soon! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
This recipe is something I learned to make years ago at the feet of my grandma. She is the epitome of what a great home cook is to me. I have learned countless tips, techniques and recipes from her, and this will always be one of my favorites. It's perfect for a summer barbecue, pool party or pot luck. So fresh and crunchy, but still super easy to prepare, even at the last minute. We love this salad so much we actually eat it year round, but summer time will always be when I crave it the most. 
Thanks for having me and I hope you enjoy this salad as much as my family does...
Broccoli Salad
1 bunch broccoli, florets finely chopped
pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small white onion, chopped
1/2 c. mayo
2 TBS white vinegar
2 TBS sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, vinegar and sugar. Pour over broccoli mixture. Season w/ salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Chill until serving.



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis