Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, June 18, 2012

Roasted Grape Tomato & Green Bean Salad in a Lemon Basil Vinaigrette

I'm getting closer to "D" Day or in my world Kitchen Demo Day and I'm trying to use up all of the items in my kitchen so that I don't have to pack them up or give them away. I created this recipe because I didn't have enough green beans to make as a side dish with a meal, so making a salad to have for lunch or to go along with a meal seemed like the next best thing. My love for roasting everything and anything continues as these little grape tomatoes were bursting with flavor...literally! And the lemon vinaigrette combined with the fresh ingredients was superbly light and refreshing. Not to mention how pretty and colorful it was!  


Roasted Grape Tomato & Green Bean Salad in a Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
1/2 lb. Fresh Green Beans, trimmed and steamed al dente
1 c. Grape Tomatoes
1 c. Sunburst Golden Yellow Grape Tomatoes
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/2 Leek, chopped (white part only)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil


In a bowl, mix together both tomatoes, garlic and leeks. Add mixture to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst. Remove from oven and let cool. While the tomatoes are roasting, steam your green beans and cool, then add them to a bowl. Add in your cooled tomato mixture and the vinaigrette and mix well. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Makes 4-1/2 cup servings. 


Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste


Whisk all ingredients together until emulsified. 




Shared at Amee's Savory Dish~Fit and Fabulous Fridays 6/22/12
Shared on Weekend Potluck~The Country Cook 7/27/12

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! AND I love the flank steak recipe! Following you here and on Facebook! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very resourceful! Are you remodeling your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This salad sounds and looks wonderful! Gotta try that vinaigrette sometime. Thanks for sharing, have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much and yes, my kitchen is starts the demo on Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, Carrie this is gorgeous!! I have green beans and sweet cherry tomatoes in my garden and I can't wait to try this recipe!! I love the lemon vinaigrette, too..yum. Thank you for bringing this delish dish to Fit and Fabulous Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amee and I love your Fit and Fabulous Fridays! There are so many healthy alternatives every week. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis