Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chicken Balsamico

I had purchased some chicken thighs in preparation of making something with them while my Mom was visiting last month, but never really got around to it. The kitchen still wasn't done through most of her stay and we were just too busy with other things to really make dinner home much. (Truth be told, I had no where to take a nice, pretty picture of anything new once it was done. So the things I did make were recipes I've either made before or new ones that I'll have to make again...hmmm if I can remember, I rarely make the same thing the same way twice!) 

Since I froze this large package of chicken in it's entirety, I wanted to make something with a sauce or stew since the chances of it being eaten more than once would have been a lot better than if I had grilled them. I wanted simple and easy, as cheering season is underway (and I have no life) and this was perfect. Now, I'm not one to eat leftovers, but I have to say, they tasted even better heated up the next day! I just love the flavor combination of balsamic vinegar and fresh rosemary and by cooking them in this sauce, they were extremely moist too. 





Chicken Balsamico
12 Bone-in Chicken Thighs
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, removed from stem
4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 c. Aged Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 c. White Wine (I used a Sauvignon Blanc)
1/2 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. In your Dutch oven, add the oil and season the chicken with salt and pepper. 
2. Next, brown the chicken on both sides until the chicken is almost cooked through. You may need to do this in two batches. Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover and set aside. 
3. Add the rosemary, garlic, vinegar, wine and chicken broth to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Let simmer 5 minutes. 
4. Add the chicken back in, cover and let simmer for 30-40 minutes(until the chicken is cooked through). Remove the chicken and place on a serving platter; then cover and set aside. 
5. Turn the heat on high and bring the liquid in the Dutch oven up to a full boil, uncovered for approximately 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Serves 6. 



Nutrition Facts per Piece of Chicken

Calories 131, Carbs 2.3g, Fat 6.6g, Protein 13.9g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 1.6g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy!  

29 comments:

  1. That looks awesome... Balsamic vinegar & fresh rosemary ! I can't wait to give this one a try!

    Kitchen looks great!

    Now that school is starting hopefully we'll run into one another soon!

    Coop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coop and I hope to see you guys soon!

      Delete
  2. Wow this chicken looks so good Carrie! I love your photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious however I bet the dish would be better with bone-in thighs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use bone-in thighs, but apparently typed it incorrectly. Thanks for pointing that out, it's now been changed! :)

      Delete
  4. I love recipes that I can make a few meals out of, this sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! I'm not usually one for leftovers, but even this was good the 2nd/3rd time around!

      Delete
  5. Will it turn out ok if I use boneless chicken breasts or does it work best with chicken thighs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should turn out fine but reduce the cooking time as the boneless breasts will take less time to cook .

      Delete
  6. This was easy and delicious! Thank you, it had all my favorites. Balsamic, garlic, rosemary and chicken! Oh, and wine! Can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you can't! I'm so glad you liked it, thanks for letting me know. :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome chicken. I think my 2 year old son ate more than I did :) Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much~I''m so glad you all enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds fantastic and all of the things I love. Rosemary, balsamic vinegar, garlic plus we're trying to use my chicken thighs lately. Pinning this.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your recipe on Food Gawker and made it for dinner tonight. It was SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Alyssa and thank you so much for stopping by to let me know. :)

      Delete
  10. this looks amazing! my favorite tastes.
    could I use a cooking wine? that might be a silly question, but I'm not much of a cook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this recipe it should be ok, it's not the main flavor. :)

      Delete
  11. this is truly a delicious recipe , I love cooking with balsamic. Thank you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your chicken looks amazing, and I love that you used just a few flavorful ingredients. Makes it an easy workday meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  13. tried this last night...it was delicious and everyone ate it (including 2 picky kids!) thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they liked it Suzi! That's how I know I have a winner too...if the kids eat it, it's good to go! Thanks for stopping by to let me know.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis