Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, September 7, 2012

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bombs

Remember how I said I don't make desserts often? Well, the last few weeks have been extremely hectic and stressful around here and I threw ALL notions of eating healthy out of the window. I know. It's the WORSE thing you can do, and trust me, I'm paying for it now. But I was craving peanut butter so badly and wanted a peanut butter cup and of course, I don't keep those in the house. I remembered seeing a recipe for Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts from Flour Me With Love back in February that sounded pretty easy to make and were adorable to boot! I found the recipe I had printed out and changed a few things (mainly the amount of sugar and used chunky peanut butter instead of creamy). 

I have to say, I had two of these and they were TO DIE FOR (do you hear the sing-songy tone in my voice?). After my craving was satisfied, I did share the rest of them by taking them to cheering practice and let me tell you, there were some pretty happy little girls that night (and Mom's too!) . The only problem was that they were all gone and when hubby came home from his business trip and I told him about them, he was very upset that I didn't save him any. (OOPS..don't want to deny a man peanut butter and chocolat who has just arrived home after a week overseas and is jetlagged!). So being the good wife that I am (heehee), I proceeded to make another batch of them at 10:30pm on a Friday night just for him. Sorry the picture isn't the greatest, it was hard prying them away from the kids long enough to get any shot of them at all! 


Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bombs 
(adapted from Flour Me with Love)
2 tbsp. Salted Butter, melted
1 c. Peanut Butter (I used Skippy Chunky)
2 c. Confectioners Sugar
2 tbsp. Milk
6 oz. Dark Chocolate, melted (I used Dove Chocolate Discoveries)

Directions:
1. Add the butter, peanut butter, sugar and milk to a bowl and mix well until blended and crumbly. (I used my kitchen aid mixer)
2. Form into 1" round balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. 
3. Freeze the balls for at least 30 minutes. 
4. Next, melt your chocolate according to package directions. If it seems a little thick, add a drop or two of oil to help thin it out. 
5. Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate. 
6. Place them back onto the baking sheet until the chocolate has hardened. Makes 2 1/2-3 dozen. 

*Tastes best when stored in an airtight container in the freezer. 

Enjoy! 

7 comments:

  1. This is totally the way to my heart and Mr. Hungry Couple's heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them, Mr. CEK loved them too! :)

      Delete
  2. <--- Taste tester... May I say, these bombs ARE the bomb! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe that's close to my heart - I'm from Ohio where these little balls of deliciousness are called Buckeyes & they're made in every kitchen in the state! We only dip three-quarters of the peanut butter ball in chocolate so that the treats resemble the buckeye nut that the state is famous for. Always a crowd pleaser :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never had them before but I'll definitely be making these again. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis