Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fresh Berry Tart

I've never made a fruit tart before. REALLY! So when I needed to make a dessert for my niece's birthday and her request was "something with fruit", I thought I'd give one a try. Sure, I took the easy road and bought packaged pudding instead of making my own custard (which in hindsight might have made this even better!), but it worked and was easier considering I was also making the entire meal (desserts aren't my strong suit). 

I had to find a recipe for the crust and happened upon one online from Pillsbury that looked easy enough (though they called for 1 cup of flour and the dough was so sticky, I couldn't even spread it in the pan. So I added another half cup of flour and it was much easier to work with). The crust was light and flaky and there is nothing tastier than fresh summer berries. Not too bad for my first attempt, but next time I think I'd add more strawberries or make it with mangoes or peaches! 


Fresh Berry Tart
1 pt. Raspberries
1 pt. Blueberries
1 pt. Strawberries
1 pt. Blackberries
1 3.5oz. Package Vanilla Pudding, prepared
Cooked Crust, cooled

Spread the prepared, chilled pudding on top of the crust. Rinse your fruit, slice the strawberries, then arrange the berries on top. 


Crust (Adapted from Pillsbury)
1 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1/2 c. Salted Butter, softened
1 Egg

Mix all ingredients together until combined. Flatten out the dough and spread into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a tart pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, then let cool. Serves 8. 

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis