Penne with Avocado Pesto
Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 lb. Penne Pasta (I used Barilla Plus)
- 1/4 c. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 4 Avocado
- 1/4 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 c. Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat with a little salt; then add the pasta. Cook until the pasta is al dente; then drain.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the fleshy, green part; then add it to a food processor.
- Next, add in the cheese, garlic, lemon juice and oil. Pulse until well blended and creamy. It should have a smooth consistency.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl; then add the tomatoes and avocado pesto. Mix well.