Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, January 31, 2014

Blueberry, Peach & Banana Smoothie


When I first started making these drinks, I was unsure if I should call them juices or smoothies. To me, a smoothie always had the connotation that there was milk or yogurt involved somehow. However, upon some research, a smoothie is anything blended; whereas a juice is also blended, but then the mixture is then separated using a sieve to form a thin liquid removing the pulp. 

I'm not a huge fan of anything cold (or milk for that matter); which is why I've procrastinated making smoothies in the past. I found that I don't have to add ice to my smoothies to make them thicker; though you can which is how my youngest daughter likes hers. I blend all of the ingredients together; then add the ice in whole cubes if I won't be drinking it right away so I can take it with me. For this smoothie version, I used fresh blueberries, frozen sliced peaches and a half of a banana; which I had also frozen right before my bunch began to turn bad. Simply slice the banana in half, place it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag and remove as needed. This Blueberry, Peach & Banana Smoothie was delicious and was low in saturated fat and high in fiber, iron, and vitamins B6 and C. 

Enjoy your weekend! 


Blueberry, Peach & Banana Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes     Servings: 1 (2 cups)
Ingredients
  • 1/4 c. Blueberries
  • 1 c. Sliced Peaches (I used frozen)
  • 1/2 Banana, peeled
  • 2 tbsp. Flaxseed Meal
  • 1 c. Water
Directions
  1. Place all ingredients into your blender (Vitamix) and blend on high 2 minutes. 
Nutrition Facts 
Calories 200, Carbs 40.1g, Fat 4.8g, Protein 5.3g, Fiber 9g, Sugar 25.5g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis