Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Spinach, Pear & Mint Smoothie



We got a Vitamix blender for Christmas! Well technically I should say that my hubby wanted to start making smoothies at home so the girls and I got him one for Christmas, but it's one of those gifts that the whole family loves. My hubby works long hours and hardly has time to eat, let alone eat healthy and get enough fruit and vegetables into his diet. But with the blender, I'm able to make him a fruit or vegetable (or combination of both) smoothie for him to drink on his way into the office like this Spinach, Pear & Mint Smoothie.


The girls and I have also started drinking our morning breakfast and I'll be the first to admit, I was a little apprehensive. I generally have to chew my food in order to feel satisfied, but by adding the flaxseed meal it really fills me up for several hours. I started out slow, with just fruit and juice until I got the hang of it. But I have to say, there really is nothing to it. Now I mostly use fresh or frozen fruit, vegetables and water. Just throw in whatever ingredients you want, pulse and it's done! I made this version with baby spinach, Bosc pear and fresh mint and it was surprisingly tasty and filling for an afternoon snack.



Spinach, Pear & Mint Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes     Servings: 1 (2 cups)
Ingredients
  • 1 c. Packed Baby Spinach
  • 1 Bosc Pear, cored and peeled
  • 2 Sprigs Fresh Mint
  • 2 tbsp. Flaxseed Meal
  • 1 c. Water
Directions
  1. Place all ingredients into your blender (Vitamix) and blend on high 2 minutes. 

Nutrition Facts 

Calories 121, Carbs 26.6g, Fat 1.6g, Protein 2.9g, Fiber 5g, Sugar 15g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis