I originally thought that the potatoes would stay in whole form, but I guess I cut them a little too small for that. I'm a little new at slow cooking so bear with me while we learn together. As you can see by the picture below, the potatoes are all chopped nice and uniform, but after 2 1/2 hours in the slow cooker they turned to mush. So that's when I decided to make this side dish mashed potatoes instead.
Crock Pot Greek Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 2 1/2-6 hours Serves: 10 ( 1/2 cup servings)
- 6 Medium Red Potatoes
- 1/2 c. Scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 oz. Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 c. Fat Free Half and Half
- Wash the skins of the potatoes well; then quarter each potato and slice in 1/2" thick slices. Place in the crock pot.
- Add the scallions, oil, oregano and lemon juice to the potatoes and mix well.
- Turn the heat on your slow cooker on high and cover with the lid. Allow the potatoes to cook for 2 1/2 hours until soft. (If you're going to be away, place your slow cooker on warm for 6 hours or low for 4 hours).
- Remove the lid carefully; then add the Feta cheese and half and half. Mix well with a spoon until creamy.
Calories 141, Carbs 22.4g, Fat 4g, Protein 3.9g, Fiber 2.1g, Sugar 2.4g