My family and I do not suffer from Celiac Disease; nor do we follow a Gluten Free Diet. However, I wanted to try gluten free pasta in a recipe to see if there was a difference as we may have wheat allergies; which causes that bloated feeling after eating wheat products found in pasta and bread.
I have to say that not only was this recipe for Gluten Free Lemon Chicken Spinach Pasta delicious, we also all felt great after eating it. The meal was very satisfying and I loved the lemony flavor combined with the grilled chicken and fresh spinach. I did find that the more you stirred the pasta, the noodles broke apart easier and didn't hold their shape like regular pasta, but that could have just been the brand I used. This is a fantastic meal to make during the week and to even speed up your food prep, I would grill your chicken the night before. ~Enjoy!
Gluten Free Lemon Chicken Spinach Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 6
- 1 lb. Gluten Free Pasta (I used Rotini)
- 8-3(ounce) Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 c. Packed Baby Spinach
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 c. Fat Free Chicken Broth (use Gluten Free if you suffer from Celiac)
- 1/2 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat your grill or indoor grill pan and grill your chicken tenderloins until cooked through. Approximately 5-7 minutes depending on thickness; then slice chicken into strips.
- In a large pot (you can use the same one the pasta was in while the pasta is draining), heat oil over medium heat and add the spinach.
- Allow the spinach to begin to wilt; then add the lemon zest and juice, chicken broth, the cooked pasta and chicken.
- Mix together; then stir in the cheese.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Calories 327, Carbs 43.4g, Fat 6.2g, Protein 22.7g, Fiber 5.8g, Sugar 1.3g