Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Reduced Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip



My husband never tried Buffalo Chicken Dip until a few months ago when he tried it at a friends house and loved it. I've eaten it before, but have never made it myself. I wanted to try to make another appetizer idea to share with you for Superbowl and this recipe is real easy; however, I wanted to lighten it up a bit because who can really stop at 2 tablespoons of this goodness?!

By using fat free and light substitutions in this Reduced Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe, I shaved off 59 calories and 7.4 grams of fat per serving from this recipe. So go ahead and indulge a little! The hot sauce gives it so much flavor you'll never miss the calories. For the chicken, I used leftover chicken I had from a roast, but you can bring two chicken tenderloins to a boil and allow to cook completely to add to this dish also. Some people use the canned chicken; however, I've never purchased chicken in a can so I don't know if that would make a difference or not. Besides, fresh is always best. ~Enjoy!


Reduced Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes  Cook Time: 20 minutes   Servings: 16 (2 tbsp.)
Ingredients
  • 8 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 c. Louisiana Hot Sauce
  • 1/2 c. Light Ranch Dressing
  • 1 c. Diced Cooked Chicken
  • 1 c. Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Spread the cream cheese evenly along the inside bottom of an 8"x8" oven safe baking dish. 
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the hot sauce, ranch dressing and cooked chicken. Mix well. 
  4. Spread the chicken mixture over the cream cheese; then top with the cheese. 
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve with raw vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips. 

Nutrition Facts per Serving (without vegetables, crackers or chips)

Calories 71, Carbs 1.4g, Fat 3.6g, Protein 7.2g, Fiber 0g, Sugar .7g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.

**When made using regular ingredients: Calories 130 and Fat 11g per serving

2 comments:

  1. Look great, I've copied the recipe for future use. I hope you don't mind, but I've removed the words " Free, Reduced, & Light" from my version... bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis