Chili is a wonderful meal to make for any occasion as it is high in fiber, filling and goes a long way. I chose to make this version using Italian beer as the base; as well as a lean ground beef (90/10), but you can also substitute ground turkey or chicken in it's place.
The beer with the addition of fire roasted tomatoes gave this chili a wonderful flavor. It's also a great dish to serve when having guests as it can keep warm in the slow cooker so they can help themselves. Serve it 'as-is', over rice or egg noodles or use it top hot dogs, burgers or nachos. ~Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Italian Beer & Beef Chili
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 4-8 hours Servings: 6
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 c. Diced Red Onion
- 1 Green Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1- 15(ounce) Can Kidney Beans, rinsed
- 1/2 c. Tomato Paste
- 2 c. Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1-12(ounce) Bottle Italian Beer (I used Birra Moretti)
- In a large, nonstick frying pan brown the ground beef; then add the onions, peppers and garlic.
- Saute until the vegetables start to soften; then add the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Add the beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and beer and mix well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Calories 238, Carbs 22.9g, Fat 6.6g, Protein 19.6g, Fiber 7g, Sugar 6.2g