Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dijon Balsamic Roasted Chicken

You would think that I wouldn't want to make a roasted chicken being that Thanksgiving wasn't that long ago, but the truth is, if I ate one slice of turkey that day, that was it. We didn't have much leftover either as I sent most of it packing for my in-laws so that they could eat while in the hospital. So on Sunday, we did some online holiday shopping and I made this roasted chicken for dinner. I love the smell of any roast cooking and this one had such great flavors wafting through my house I couldn't wait to eat it and we weren't disappointed! 


Dijon Balsamic Roasted Chicken
1-6-7lb Roaster Chicken, rinsed and innards removed
1 tbsp. Rienzi® Balsamic Vinegar with Pear Pulp 
1/4 c. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
1/2 c. White Wine (I used Chardonnay)
1 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth


In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken to a roasting pan, baste with the marinade then add the wine and chicken broth to the bottom of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 2 hours or until proper internal temperature is reached. Baste the chicken every 30 minutes during this process. Remove from oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before carving. Serves 6-8. 


To make gravy
1 ½ tbsp. Cornstarch
¼ c. Cold Water
Pan Drippings
In a glass, mix the cornstarch and water together. Pour the pan drippings into a small saucepan and add the cornstarch mixture. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens. Strain gravy and remove any excess oil. 


Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. The marinade sounds amazing, Carrie! I love roasting chickens, it's so easy and the kitchen smells amazing while it's roasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does and this one was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds super easy I will have to try this...I personally prefer to make gravy from roux instead of cornstarch but I'm from Louisiana roux is in my blood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious. Loved the marinade too !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by ChouxGirl and Teena Mary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, that looks really good... you make mention of Dijon Mustard in the recipe title, but I don't see it in the ingredients. I'm not trying to be your editor here (lol), but I wanted to make sure I have all of right ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you see my hand hitting my forehead~Thanks Coop! It's 1/4 c. of mustard, I just adjusted the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't see it, but I certainly heard the slap and the accompanying "d'oh!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Somehow I knew you'd get the visual! Thanks again <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis