Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, December 2, 2011

Wine Spectator 2011 Ratings

Well, it's here! I went to Gary's Wine & Marketplace yesterday to replenish my wine supply from this past week and the new Wine Spectator Top 100 Wines has been released. I don't usually buy the publication; however, when I was strolling down the aisles picking out some of my favorites, I noticed that they had a tag on some of them stating which ranking they received. So, I bought a copy and thought I'd share some of the info with all of you.

Here are the Top 5(in order of ranking):
1. Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast 2009 95 Points $52
2. Hall Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Kathryn Hall 2008 96 Points $90
3. Domaine Huet Vouvray Moelleus Clos du Bourg Premiere Trie 2009 96 Points $69
4. Campogiovanni Brunello di Montalcino 2006 96 Points $50
5. Dehlinger Pinot Noir Russian River Valley 2008 95 Points $50

I love that they have all different categories in the magazine, including the Top 100 Outstanding Values. These wines scored 90 points or higher and are $18 or less. To see all of them, you'll have to buy the publication. But here are the ones that meet this criteria AND are also on the Top 100 Wine List. I can't wait to try them and if they pass my "no headache test" the morning after, I'll add them to my list. :) I would also like to add (uh hmmm) that the most outstanding wines by region come from Tuscany. SEE, another reason to go back!

Red
~Georges Dubouf Morgon Jean Descombes 2009 $15 Ranking=93 Points
~Bodegas Resalte De Penafiel Ribera del Duero de Restia Crianza Selected Harvest 2004 $15 Ranking=93 Points
~Chateau Tanunda Shiraz Barossa Grand Barossa 2008 $18 Ranking=92 Points
~Buehler Zinfandel Napa Valley 2009 $18 Ranking=91 Points
~Quinta de Cabriz Dao 2008 $9 Ranking=90 Points
~Bodegas Dinastia Vivanco Rioja Seleccion de Familia Crianza 2008 $18 Ranking=90 Points

White & Sparkling
~Bodegas Godeval Valeorras Vina Godeval 2010 $18 Ranking=90 Points
~Gruet Blanc de Noirs New Mexico NV $14 Ranking=90 Points
~Ravines Riesling Finger Lakes Dry $16 Ranking=90 Points

I've also added some of the new wines I have tried recently to Carrie's Wine List and I was pleasantly surprised when a couple of them made the Top 100. Argiano Toscana Non Confunditur 2009 was ranked 46 and Allegrini Veronese Palazzo della Torre 2008 was ranked 60. I highlighted the newest wines I've tried in red.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis