Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Homemade Kahlua

Need a last minute gift? How about some homemade Kahlua? It takes under 1 hour to make and who wouldn't love this coffee flavored liquor? It's been a family favorite for years and I just love it mixed with some ice and a little milk. I've found that decorative bottles have been a little hard to locate near me so I've been ordering them online (save-on-crafts.com have been great!) and having them shipped to my home. That is until about 3 days ago when I happened to go into The Christmas Tree Shops for the first time and found several different types, all for under $4! 

Homemade Kahlua
1 1/3 c. Water
1 c. Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp. Instant Coffee
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 c. Vodka (I used Kettle One)

Add the water, sugar and coffee to a medium saucepan. Whisk all ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved and let simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool Add 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla and the vodka and mix well. Pour into a corked bottle. Makes approx. 2 cups. 

Serve over ice and Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. This seems easy enough for even me to do. I seriously think I might try this.

    As a matter of fact, I think I've got everything on hand except the vanilla.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kahlua supply is running low so I'm definitely doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Carrie and Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, how did I miss this? I don't drink much at all but the one thing I do drink is Kahlua, can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll love it and it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis