Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Homemade Kahlua

Need a last minute gift? How about some homemade Kahlua? It takes under 1 hour to make and who wouldn't love this coffee flavored liquor? It's been a family favorite for years and I just love it mixed with some ice and a little milk. I've found that decorative bottles have been a little hard to locate near me so I've been ordering them online (save-on-crafts.com have been great!) and having them shipped to my home. That is until about 3 days ago when I happened to go into The Christmas Tree Shops for the first time and found several different types, all for under $4! 

Homemade Kahlua
1 1/3 c. Water
1 c. Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp. Instant Coffee
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 c. Vodka (I used Kettle One)

Add the water, sugar and coffee to a medium saucepan. Whisk all ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved and let simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool Add 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla and the vodka and mix well. Pour into a corked bottle. Makes approx. 2 cups. 

Serve over ice and Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. This seems easy enough for even me to do. I seriously think I might try this.

    As a matter of fact, I think I've got everything on hand except the vanilla.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kahlua supply is running low so I'm definitely doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, how did I miss this? I don't drink much at all but the one thing I do drink is Kahlua, can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis