Pages

Stay Connected

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Carrot Cake Easter Bunny Cake

I know Easter is over, but today is Jelly Bean Day and since the only time we eat any sort of jelly beans in this house is on Easter, specifically for this cake, I figured I'd share it with you and you can make it next year!


Every year, for as long as I can remember, we have made a bunny cake for Easter. It was originally made with yellow/white cake, white frosting and coconut on top to make it look like a fluffy bunny. My kids LOVE to decorate one every year, but no one really ate it because we're not huge coconut fans in this house. So last year, I made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and this year I opted for a carrot cake with homemade cream cheese icing. Turns out, this was the best version for our family as carrot cake is just about everyone's favorite. I even make it easy on myself (since I'm usually preparing most of the other food too) and I buy the Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake. I LOVE this brand as it has actual dried carrots and raisins that you reconstitute before adding it into the mix. The cake is extremely moist and you don't have to shred any carrots (besides, baking cakes/pies...not my thing!). 


Carrot Cake Easter Bunny Cake
1 Package Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake


Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in two-8" round cake pans. Remove from oven and let cool. 


Cream Cheese Icing
1-8oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 c. Butter, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 c. Confectioners Sugar (a.k.a. powdered sugar or 10x sugar)
1 tbsp. Milk


Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Next, add the vanilla, sugar and milk and mix until well blended. 


Decorations
Jelly Beans
Black Licorice


Place one round cake on a flat board or serving platter. With the second round cake, cut out the 2 ears. The middle will become the bow tie. Ice the cake with the icing, then decorate using the jelly beans for the eyes and mouth and the licorice for the whiskers. 


Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, this is ADORABLE!!! LOVE carrot cake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren and the kids love to decorate it each year no matter how old they get!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis