Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Raspberry-Lime Grilled Pork Chops

Do you remember me talking about my recent trip to Disney and how I found a store with wonderful herbs, spices and teas from The Spice and Tea Exchange? Well, while I was there, I also picked up some of their Raspberry Sugar. My first thought was to use it in baking, maybe in my Raspberry Linzer Tarts, but then decided I'd use it in a marinade instead. When I started this blog last April (yes, my 1 Year Blogiversary is right around the corner!), my first recipe was for Grilled Pork Chops with Lime and Cilantro and I didn't even have a picture of it (I guess I'll have to make it again because they were incredible!). Now that the weather has taken a turn for the better, it's time to start firing up the grill again so I thought I'd experiment with this sugar in another type of brine and it paid off. Though, they were a little pink prior to cooking, they did turn to their normal color once grilled and the flavor was AMAZING!  


Raspberry-Lime Grilled Pork Chops
4-6oz. Center Cut Boneless Pork Chops, trimmed
Prepared Raspberry-Lime Brine Marinade


Add the pork chops and marinade to a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, then remove 15 minutes prior to grilling to allow meat to come to room temperature. Grill meat until the proper internal temperature is reached. Serves 4. 


Raspberry-Lime Brine Marinade
3/4 c. Water
1.5oz. pkg. Raspberry Sugar by The Spice & Tea Exchange
1 tbsp. Raspberry Preserves, seedless
2 tbsp. Sea Salt
1 Lime, zest and juice


Whisk together all ingredients until the sugar and salt have dissolved. 


Enjoy!






*I was not compensated in any way by this product. The opinions shared are my own. 

6 comments:

  1. Simply divine! I love the raspberry with the pork because those flavors together are amazing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This sounds so interesting and delicious! Pork lends itself so well to this type of recipe and I can just imagine the gorgeous flavors! Thanks for sharing, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! and easy to make! thanks carrie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis