Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gremolata Roasted Potatoes

Before I begin with my recipe for today, I have to finally admit I've gone and done it. I'm 3 days shy of my 1 year Blogiversary and I had my first FLOP!!! Well, I guess technically it wasn't a flop, but I was experimenting with a new breaded chicken and roasted cauliflower with lemon zest and Indian curry powder (which I've never cooked with before) and my husband came home to tell me he's allergic to curry! REALLY??? After 17 years of marriage, you didn't think it would come up in conversation even AFTER I showed you I bought it?! Anyway, crisis diverted and we wound up going out to dinner but that was the first time we actually couldn't eat one of my experiments. Though I have to say, when we did come home, the house stunk, and took windows to be opened and candles to be lit for the remainder of the night just to get rid of the smell. I guess I won't be cooking with curry anymore...back to the drawing board! :)


And now for the recipe...Gremolata always includes grated lemon peel, but after that it's up to intrepretation.  Most, but not all recipes include parsley and garlic and according to Wikipedia, most include anchovies when made in Milan. I just like the freshness of fresh herbs mixed with lemon and this simple combination of flavors was fantastic on these baby roasted red potatoes. 


Gremolata Roasted Potatoes
1 lb. Baby Red Potatoes
1/2 Lemon, zest only
1/2 c. Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Clove Garlic, minced
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper


Wash potato skins well, cut in half then place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the lemon zest, parsley, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Pour over the potatoes and toss to coat. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Serves 4. 


Nutrition Information Per Serving: 
Calories 190; Carbs 20g; Fat 11g; Protein 4g


Enjoy!





9 comments:

  1. These sound delicious, Carrie! I love gremolata. They would go great with my gremolata marinaded chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I made these the day you posted that chicken recipe and you're right, they would go perfectly!

      Delete
  2. Those look delicious and so easy! I love lemon zest and find myself using it more and more. Thanks for sharing this, it is one that Ii will most definitely make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Delilah and I love adding lemon to many dishes. It gives everything a light, citrusy flavor!

      Delete
  3. This is definitely a great dish to make... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog!!! These potatoes look delicious...XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Katie and Welcome! I'm so glad you found me. Thank you, they were very good! :)

      Delete
  5. These look great, I love a simple potato dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie. I know, some of the best recipes are the ones that are simple.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis