Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Grilled Chicken Oregano over Fresh Baby Spinach with a Lemon Poppy Vinaigrette

I LOVED this dinner! The chicken had a fantastic, simple flavor though I wish I had found some fresh oregano that didn't look like death warmed over to use. Instead, I opted for the dried version. Even still, the chicken was incredibly moist and the lemon poppy vinaigrette mixed with the spinach was very light and paired well with this dish. You can add whatever vegetables you wish to the salad, I just went simple as I was yet again in a hurry. 


Grilled Chicken Oregano
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, trimmed
Marinade

1/2 c. Canola Oil
1 Lemon, zest and juice
1 tbsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper



Whisk together the oil, lemon zest and juice, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken to a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Seal bag, coat the chicken well, and refrigerate for several hours. Grill chicken until it has reached the proper internal temperature. Serves 4.


Fresh Baby Spinach Salad with a Lemon Poppy Vinaigrette
9oz. Bag Baby Spinach Leaves, washed
1/2 Cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 Plum Tomato, chopped
Vinaigrette
1 Lemon, zest and juice
1/2 tsp. Poppy Seeds
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/4 c. Canola Oil
Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, poppy seeds, salt, pepper and oil in a bowl. Pour over the spinach and toss well; coating all of the leaves. Makes 1/3 cup. 




Enjoy! 

3 comments:

  1. I love this recipe, Carrie! It sounds so delicious and healthy. I think I may have to make this soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, it was very tasty. I love to eat just salads with grilled chicken when the weather gets warmer. :)

      Delete
  2. Both of these look and sound great. I love, love, love spinach. And of course, hated it as a kid.

    I probably eat it 3-4 times a week and these look like fab recipes to look into.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis