Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Grilled Polenta with Roasted Roma Tomato Coulis

I have never made polenta before but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. Polenta can be made like this one, which is firm, or you can leave it creamy and add butter and other herbs/spices as well. For this recipe, I added some fresh rosemary into the cornmeal to give it a little added flavor then topped it with this light, refreshing tomato coulis (pronounced koo-lee), which is a sauce made from pureed vegetables or fruits. 


Grilled Polenta with Roasted Roma Tomato Coulis


Polenta
3c. Water
1 c. Yellow Cornmeal
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
Prepared Roasted Roma Tomato Coulis


Add water and salt to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal until it starts to absorb the liquid, then add the rosemary. Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Spray a 9x9 inch dish with cooking spray then pour in the polenta. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled and firm. Cut into 9 squares and grill approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Then top with prepared coulis. 


Roasted Roma Tomato Coulis
3 Roma Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic
1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper


Cut tomatoes in half and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper then drizzle top with some olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Peel off the skins and place the tomatoes, rosemary and garlic into a mini food chopper. Pulse until all ingredients have been blended. 


Enjoy!


P.S. Don't forget! Taxes are due today: Tuesday, April 17th! 


7 comments:

  1. I made some white polenta (not quite as healthful as yours-I added some Truffle Oil & Grated Parmesan) over the weekend and I am definitely going to grill the leftovers tonight. I love this recipe Carrie and your photo is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! I think I'd like yours better but Dr told me I better lay off the cheese! lol

      Delete
  2. This looks SO good, Carrie! Thanks for the lovely recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. Delicious! I love polenta and your coulis sounds divine!! Thank you for sharing on Fit and Fabulous Fridays. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis