Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

I know. You're probably thinking, "Another mushroom recipe?". What can I say, I just LOVE mushrooms, especially when they are stuffed with all kinds of goodness! So since today is National Mushroom Day, I thought it fitting to share these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms I made on Easter. Well, at least one of these crazy food calendars says it is and who am I to argue?! :) These are my absolute favorite way to stuff them (though my other versions were pretty tasty too!). 

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
16 extra large white mushrooms

5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

2 1/2 tbsp. Marsala wine

3 links sweet Italian sausage, casings removed

3 scallions, minced

1 garlic clove, minced
2/3 c. Italian breadcrumbs
4 oz. cream cheese
1/3 c. Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
1/3 c. Asiago cheese, shredded
2 1/2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
canola oil cooking spray

Remove the stems from the mushrooms, finely chop, and add to a bowl.Toss the chopped mushrooms stems with 3 tablespoons of oil and the Marsala wine. Set aside.Heat remaining oil in small pan over med-high heat, and add the sausage.Crumble sausage as it cooks into small pieces until it is cooked through and no longer pink, approximately 7-10 minutes.Next, add the mushroom stems to the sausage and stir in the scallions and garlic. Add panko and swirl in the cream cheese until mixture is creamy. Remove from heat. Stir in the Pecorino Romano cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper, fill each mushroom cap, and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and bake at 350°F for approximately 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Serves 8.


Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Delicious, terrific presentation. Great appetizer
    Thanks for submitting, as always a winner

    Dave eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuffed mushrooms and you put sausage in each one with the italian breadcrumbs I bet it was fantastic! Your photos look amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were Natalie! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Stuffed mushrooms are one of my very favorite things...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious. I think I will try them with Italian Chicken Sausages and the small Portobello mushrooms (Baby Bellas). YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, let me know how they come out!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis