Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, April 2, 2012

Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon

I don't particularly like cabbage, so when I made my Corned Beef for St. Patrick's Day, I didn't want to add it to the pot while I was simmering the meat. Instead, I experimented with this version and it got a "Delicious!" from my guests that like cabbage. It certainly smelled good and was quick to make as well! 


Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon
1 Head Cabbage, cored and rinsed
4 Slices Reduced Fat Bacon, chopped
1 tbsp. Butter
1 tsp. Fresh Thyme
1/4 c. White Wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
1/4 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper


Cut the cabbage into six wedges and steam it in a double boiler for approximately 10 minutes so it starts to soften. While the cabbage is cooking, add the bacon to a saute pan and render until it is crispy, then drain the grease and return the bacon to the pan. Next, add the cabbage to the pan along with the thyme, wine, chicken broth and pepper and saute for approximately 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has dissipated. Serves 4. 


Points+=2pts. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis