Welcome to the last day of Soup Week where I've saved the best for last. Well, at least this one was our favorite (3 out of 4 approved!). Not only does this soup contain a mere 6 ingredients (all of which I have on hand at all times), it can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less.
This Spinach & Chick Pea Soup was very flavorful and as an added bonus, is low in sugar, contains no saturated fats and is high in vitamins A, B6 and fiber. It's also a very filling soup, as is most recipes which contain legumes. If you'd like, sprinkle a little Pecorino Romano cheese on top...even better! ~Enjoy!
Spinach & Chick Pea Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 (1 cup)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 4 c. Fat Free Chicken Broth, divided
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- 2 c. Packed Baby Spinach
- 1-15 (ounce) Can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
- Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth, garlic, basil, tomatoes and spinach to a large pot and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chick peas and remaining chicken broth. Then using your immersion blender, pulse 4-5 times leaving some of the beans whole.
- Bring the soup up to a boil over high heat; then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Today is the last day to enter! Because I use (and love)! my immersion blender; especially when making soups, I wanted to give one lucky reader the chance to win their very own KitchenAid 2-Speed Hand Blender in Contour Silver during SOUP WEEK. All you have to do is enter the Rafflecopter link below. Winner will be selected on Monday, January 20, 2014 and will have 48 hours to respond. GOOD LUCK!
*Disclaimer: Contest valid 1/13/14-1/19/14 for U.S. residents only. This is not a sponsored post. Product was purchased by me and all opinions about KitchenAid products are my own.