Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 5 Appetizers from 2011

How is your week going so far? I was always fortunate that even while I was still working, the company I worked for closed between the week of Christmas and New Year's Day. It was a week filled with returns, more shopping, visiting those I didn't get to see over the holiday and doctor's appointments, and so far, nothing has changed because I've been just as busy! For the first time in a long time, I am hosting New Year's Eve at our home with some of our close friends and their children (about 25-30 people in total). I can't wait to actually stay awake this year to actually see the ball drop from Times Square. :)

I wanted to make some small plate appetizers to leave in separate rooms of my house so that no matter where someone went, there would be something for them to pick on. I have to say that none of the current Top 5 appetizers are on this list BUT there are some other great recipes that I will be making and they include:

Hot
Asian Chicken Wings
Spinach Artichoke Dip (I'm going to use the same topping I used to make the french bread pizzas with because it was so good)
Grilled Teriyaki Beef Skewers (this is a new one and I'll post the recipe in 2012)
Pretzel Chicken Nuggets (by popular demand a.k.a. my daughter and her friend picked this one!)
Mini Hot Dogs (there are going to be at least 12 kids here and this is an oldie but goodie!)
Pizza Rolls (Again, kids! And..yes, I will be buying the frozen kind!)

Cold
Bruschetta
Roasted Chick Pea Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips (Hummus will also be a new recipe in 2012)

Here were the Top 5 Appetizer Recipes from 2011:

1. Garlic & Herb Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms








2. Sausage, Apple & Sage Stuffed Bread







3. Cranberry Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms








4. Fiesta Chicken Spinach Dip












5. Mushroom, Tomato & Goat Cheese Stuffed Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis